According to Kerrang! Magazine, they are the 'world's biggest selling weekly rock magazine'. Now, that's quite a brag.
The magazine is full of pictures of rock artists and bands, mainly of moody men with eyeliner, piercings and tattoos. The magazine is aimed at older teens, both girls who fancy the male artists, as well as the boys who inspire to be like their idols. The image of 'Rock' is very apparent and the magazine seem to play with the stereotype of 'Rockers' by using fowl language and being written in an informal, almost slang style.
I could imagine the market audience who buy Kerrang! Magazine to be hardcore fans of the Rock culture, collecting the free posters provided in the middle pages to stick on the walls. Give it a few years and they'll grow out of it!
This is pretty good but I assume you mean foul language rather than discussions about Chickens?
ReplyDeletehaha! ye I meant foul language!
ReplyDelete